Sunday, November 29, 2015


http://www.radioone.fm/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/successful-man.jpg
There are many factors that will and won’t determine a child’s success. I’ve learned that one of the most important factors is money. For most adults, money is a huge incentive in what jobs they decide to do in the future; in adolescents the presence of money in their life factors into the job that they are hired for in the future.

In my second blog post I talked about a doctor who had high ambitions of winning a Nobel Award but after a reunion with colleagues, he learned that several of his peers who weren’t as smart as he was earned a significantly higher paycheck than he did. Upon hearing this he switched specialties to earn more money instead of achieving his goal of the Nobel Award. Aside from just the ambition to earn more money, the present availability of money in the early years of a child’s life is vital and can affect their future. Research has found that “Children in lower income families have worse cognitive, social-behaviour and health outcomes.” The saying goes: money can’t buy you happiness, but the absence of money definitely will not grant you happiness whatsoever. If you aren’t content with the amount of money you make from work then it’ll be difficult to become happy. Those who live in a family with low incomes tend to fare worse than those with money.

Aside from money, I researched about the effects extracurricular has on the child’s future. What I found was that the amount of activities a child participates in has no correlation with their success. Although I had no prior confirmation of this knowledge, I always assumed this to be true. I didn’t take part in many extracurricular, but I played the violin for 10 years and what I’ve learned from that time has taught me much more than what I could learn from doing a multitude of activities all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment