Sunday, November 22, 2015

The End?

http://www.sherlockholmesmystery.com/
I have learned many things during my time researching my topic. My original question started out as just ’What affects what people buy during different seasons?’ and quickly took a drastic turn to talk about sales and how to buy something worth it. I have learned that many people online write post or articles that tell you when the best months are to buy things, but don’t explain why. I’ve learned that you can get cheap airline tickets simply by looking at them in incognito mode and I've explained my personal process in buying items i’m not 100% sure on. I’ve even learned that my overall question, is more common sense than a question and that you just need basic knowledge to actually tell when to buy products, but it definitely helps to know some economics because then you can understand it and actually know why it happens. I think, most importantly, I’ve learned that people are psycho when it comes to Black Friday, i’m kidding, it’s not the most important, but it is the most surprising. Most importantly, I’ve learned that there are many people who write about how to “cheat” the markets and buy things cheap, but companies aren’t dumb, they don’t live under rocks with no access to internet, they can see all of these posts and easily change prices to invalidate their arguments/articles. This ended up raising more questions for me than it answered like; maybe these authors are really just writing these for the companies and they are making the reader want to buy goods of season, and those prices are really higher than in season. Maybe it’s all some conspiracy, like the Illuminati.  I don’t know, it just seems like companies would do something about it because it technically means they are losing some profits if people buy things when they’re cheaper, or it just means they change the time they raise prices so it’s flipped, I guess i’ll never truly know because I don’t see myself going into any career related to this, but, I can always wonder.
In the end, I learned many interesting things related, and not even remotely related to my topic, all of which were worthwhile. I look forward to applying my somewhat new found knowledge to my own purchases. And I am absolutely never going Black Friday shopping, ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment