Thursday, September 17, 2015

Athletes Salaries after injuries

  • Image result for knee brace on football player
    Source: http://www.dme-direct.com/
    Briefly explain why you are interested in studying your topic:  I choose to study the topic of injured athletes because I play baseball and it has always been said that if a pitcher gets surgery on his arm, he is able to throw faster than he could before the surgery.  The topic also amazes me because it is hard to believe that athletes of all sports are able to come back into the sport and play again after suffering an injury that is very terrible.  What I want to figure out is after these athletes get hurt and undergo surgery and rehab, how much they then become worth to teams.  

  • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project:  What determines the value of an athlete after they get major surgery?

  • Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question:  
    • What percent of players who get injured come back and keep playing?
    • After coming back from an injury, what is the average length of time that they stay in the league?  
    • What are the salaries of an athlete prior to suffering an injury compared to their salary after they get the injury?  
    • Is it worth it for an athlete to put their body through the stress of going back and playing after a severe injury and surgery?

  • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above):  I plan to use the library database, Opposing viewpoints in context, WebMD, Multiple different professional sports websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment