Friday, September 18, 2015

The Economics of Poaching

Source: abcnews.com

  • Briefly explain why you are interested in studying your topic:  
Over the summer, I read a book (“Ivory, Horn, and Blood”) that sparked my interest in the poaching problem. I want to research this topic for the Passion Project so that I can learn more about the current crisis.


  • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project:
How can governments prevent poaching?


  • Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question:
Where is poaching the biggest problem?
How does poaching fit into the economy?
What do people gain from poaching?
What have been previous attempts to stop poaching?
Who is currently acting to solve the crisis?
What can I do to help?


  • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above):

I will most likely will use the database Global Issues in Context as well as ProQuest to search for recent articles concerning poaching. I will also find information from credible organizations such as National Geographic or the BBC. In addition, I will be able to use the book I read, written by Ronald Orenstein, as a source.

No comments:

Post a Comment