Friday, September 18, 2015

Million Dollar Industry


The reason I am so intrigued with this topic is because I'm a big sports fan and watch all kind of sports.  Sports are a big part of my life and I see how good these professionals are and don't understand why an average player in one sport will make more than a superstar in another sport.

  • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project:
What determines how much different professional athletes get paid? 

Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question:
  • How big of a role do TV contracts play in the payment of athletes?
  • How big of an effect does the salary cap have?
  • Should salary caps be allowed?
  • Should college athletes get paid?
  • Do ads pay out different sums of money to athletes in different sports?

Source: http://image.slidesharecdn.com
  • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above):
  • What I plan on using for my research are the databases that the library gives us. The main database I'll use is Proquest Research Library because I've used it in the past and it's very resourceful and there's a wide variety of topics that I can find. I will also try and use some articles written in sports blogs because I believe that there is a lot of good information there. I will go on websites like Bleacher Report and ESPN to read all the articles written on my

No comments:

Post a Comment