Friday, September 18, 2015

Genders Effects on Salaries and Opportunities in the Medical Field

Source:http://www.jpma.org

  • Briefly explain why you are interested in studying your topic:  I am interested in my topic because I have been thinking about being a doctor and going to medical school after college. Obviously, becoming a doctor takes a lot of hard work and I want to be 100% positive that I am up to the challenge. This topic intrigues me because I want to investigate all aspects of being a medical professional so that I can make an educated decision after college.

  • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project: How does gender affect salaries & opportunities in the medical field?

  • Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question: What are the average salaries of doctors, depending on the field they are in? How does salary affect opportunities? How do opportunites affect salary? How much less do women get paid as medical professionals? Why do women get paid less and men more?

  • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above): Databases: Science Research Center, SIRS knowledge source, Career Cruising, ProQuest, Gale Professional Collection,

No comments:

Post a Comment