Friday, September 18, 2015

Celebrity Bankruptcy

Source:https://40.media.tumblr.com

  • Briefly explain why you are interested in studying your topic:
  • I want to study this topic because ever since I was little, I have been fascinated with celebrities and how they can make so much money. 
  • As I have gotten older, I have seen in magazines and online the growing number of celebrities that go bankrupt. This really puzzles me because how can these actors musicians,ect.. make millions of dollars a year, but then file for bankruptcy only a short period of time later.
  • I want to learn more about how this exactly happens and what some celebrities do to make sure that this doesn’t happen to them.   


  • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project: 
  • Why are some celebrities prosperous when others become poor?


  • Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question:
  • What kinds of celebrities typical go bankrupt (actor vs musician, type of personality)?
  • How long does it typically take for celebrities to go bankrupt? 
  • Do celebrities try to conserve their money? If so, how? 
  • What are the consequences of celebrities filing for bankruptcy?  


  • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above)
  • I have created a google alert about my topic to inform me on the most up-to-date information.
  • I will use google news to find creditable resources such as http://time.com/3956059/bankrupt-celebrities-50-cent/ , to find research about which specific celebrities have gone bankrupt and why. 
  • I need to make sure not to use resources such as TMZ because they are not very creditable. 
  • Databases: Britannica School, Clobal Issues in Context, Gale Virtual Research
  • I will try to find videos and clips on celebrity bankruptcies-Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment