Thursday, September 24, 2015

Boxing

Triumph in the Ring

http://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper
  • Briefly explain why you are interested in studying your topic:  
I have been boxing for over two years. It is my greatest interest and passion. I am interested to learn about not only the sport but also about the economics behind the sport and what causes its popularity during different eras and how the sport has changed over time.
  • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project:
What has determined the popularity and profitability of boxing?
  • Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question:
How has the profitability and popularity of boxing changed since it was introduced in the 1904 Olympic Games?
How do movies change the popularity of the sport?
When was boxing most popular and why?
How has technology changed the profitability of boxing? (ex: television, internet highlights)
  • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above):
  1. “The Sweet Science” by A.J. Liebling
  2. ProQuest Research Library
  3. Gale Virtual Reference Library

No comments:

Post a Comment