Friday, September 18, 2015

Performance Enhancing Drugs

Source:http://www.rnntv.com/sites/
    • Briefly explain why you are interested in studying your topic:  
    • I play sports and the concept of people cheating to get better has always interested me.  Not only does it make the player more money due to his high performance but it also makes the organization more profitable because people will want to come to more game and buy jerseys, generating revenue for the team.  How players get caught and get the drugs in the first place has always had my interest since Alex Rodriguez was caught using growth hormones just over two years from now.  Also things like punishments for getting caught intrigues me.  The fines and suspensions seem like they are not fit for the crime some athletes are committing.
    • The overall question I plan on answering by the end of the project:
    • How does performance enhancing drugs have an impact on how teams and players generate revenue.

    • Sub questions I will need to answer in order to answer the overall question:
    • How many athletes are suspected of cheating
    • How do organizations benefit/how to they suffer
    • How can you tell they are juicing
    • Of the people cheating how many are doing well  

    • My plan of research (what specific Library Databases, specific websites, names of authors, people, etc. will I pursue to find the answers to the questions above):
    • I know there are lots of studies done by baseball insider, Tim Kurkjian, so I will seek out the studies him and all of his colleagues have done on the internet. There are also lots of studies done on health websites like Men’s health and Mayo clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment